Lakewood Ranch is an unincorporated city located in Southeastern Manatee County, Florida. Built on what was once a timber ranch, Lakewood Ranch features an 8,000+ acre master planned community, with seven villages boasting a variety of housing types and styles. What’s more, fifty percent of the land at Lakewood Ranch has been set aside for recreation and open space, making it a wonderful community filled with beautiful landscape and a myriad of recreational pursuits.
Living in Lakewood Ranch
Lakewood Ranch experienced rapid population growth in the early 20th century, as many came to find Lakewood Ranch as a great vacation destination or an even better place to relocate or retire. Golf and tennis both play a large role on the island, and there are several award-winning resorts and country clubs in Lakewood Ranch, including the Legacy Golf Club, Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club, the Ritz Carlton Members Club, and the Concession Golf Club. The Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club and the Ritz Carlton Members Club are private and exclusive to members; however, there is also a non-members course available in Lakewood Ranch that was designed by Arnold Palmer. Polo and cricket are also popular options.
The community also boasts a state-of-the-art athletic center, a stunning town center with shipping, restaurants and hotels, medical facilities, and three commercial real estate centers with many high-tech companies and corporate headquarters.
Lakewood Ranch Real Estate
Lakewood Ranch boasts the best of “new Florida.” Almost a city unto itself, Lakewood is a master-planned community that consists of seven villages, with everything from condominiums and town homes to luxury, custom estates. There is truly something for everyone in Lakewood Ranch – prices range from the low $100,000s to well over the $1,000,000 mark.
The seven villages in Lakewood Ranch are as follows:
• Central Park. The village of Central Park offers a wide range of homes from which to choose. Floor plans range in size from just over 1,000 square feet to 3,000+ square feet, all of which are GREEN certified. There are several distinct neighborhoods in Central Park, including Piedmont Park, Claremont Park, Longview Lake Park, Gramercy Park, Brickell Park and Forest Park.
• Country Club East. This is a private, gated community with several neighborhoods in Country Club East. Price and size varies greatly here. Single family homes in Belleisle start in the $100,000s and range in size from 1,389 to 2,642 square feet. On the upper end of Country Club East real estate is Royal Valley, where homes are 2,700 square feet and up, and prices start at $500,000+.
• The Lake Club. This is a Tuscan-inspired private community, which is gated and provides luxury homes. Prices start in the $500,000s and go up from there. There are also custom built options available here.
• Greenbrook. Greenbrook is paradise for those who love nature. There are many lakes here, which highlights Florida’s wonderfully preserved natural habitat. There are several trails that connect various parks and play areas. There is even a dog park and an obstacle course for residents to enjoy! Prices range from $100,000s to $300,000+.
• The Country Club. The Country Club is a gated community that was built around the private Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. There are miles of trails here, highlighting all the natural beauty that Florida has to offer. There are several neighborhoods in The Country Club, ranging in price from the $200,000s to $600,000+.
• Edgewater. Edgewater is a gated community and features Mediterranean style condominiums ranging in size from 1,748 to 2,150 square feet. Edgewater boasts many attractive amenities for residents, including a fitness center, pool, and clubhouse.
• Summerfield. Summerfield is a family-friendly community located in Lakewood Ranch. There are low-maintenance lifestyle homes in Summerfield, including condos and town homes, as well as traditional single-family homes in Summerfield. Located near the Braden River, Summerfield boasts beautiful lakes and community parks.
• Riverwalk. Riverwalk is a neighborhood of single-family homes that range in size from 1,500 to 3,000+ square feet. Riverwalk boasts some of the finest real estate in the area, and features a park and several walking trails.
Lakewood Ranch Attractions
Lakewood Ranch features several attractions for the whole family to enjoy. Main Street at Lakewood Ranch is popular, and there are several area events, including the Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival Car Show. There are also 150+ miles of sidewalks and trails in Lakewood Ranch. Be sure to catch Music on Main, a free concert held monthly on First Friday from 6-9pm. Each concert features a different style of music and supports local non-profit organizations. When you choose to explore Lakewood Ranch homes, you’ll find all of this and more is just minutes from your front door.